*Definition of Accident Insurance
The main topic of this branch of insurance is an accident that causes death, partial or complete permanent disability, or partial disability, injury and physical body injuries and medical expenses. The object of Accident insurance is to provide for and pay specified indemnity in case of death of an insured person, disability and to compensate for medical expenses resulting from accidents that are covered by insurance. Death and injury risks are major cases of insurance coverage. Provisional disability and hospitalization and medical consequences due to injuries are consequent risks. Mostly accident insurances are in the form of coverage of risks of accidents at all times (24 hours a day) at place or time, during the validity of the insurance policy and includes professional, occupational sport, mission, travel and other risks.
Insurance premium in this insurance policy is determined based on the persons’ job. For this purpose 5 job groups are defined from the least to the most hazardous jobs which are shown below:
- Group 1: This group includes persons who have an office and persons who render services in their own offices.
- Group 2: Persons that work using their hands in addition to their minds, but who do not work with industrial machinery. For example: physicians, photographers and warehousemen.
- Group 3: Specialized or semi-specialized persons who usually work with industrial machinery and devices. For example: farmers, drivers of auto vehicle and construction workers.
- Group 4: Persons who work with highly hazardous industrial machinery and devices or their type of work is risky. For example: industrial unskilled workers, metal pressing workers, metal cast workers, firefighting workers.
- Group 5: Persons who confront the most risks in their daily activities such as pilots, underground tunnel or mine workers.
Types of Accident insurance
- 24 hours Accident insurance: In this insurance the individual can insure himself against a 24-hour occupational and non-occupational accidents or personal hazards for one year.
- Insurance for Work and Occupational Accidents: In this insurance the individual can insure himself against job accidents for a period of one year.
- Insurance for Accidents during Mission: In this insurance the individual can insure himself against a 24-hour job and non-job accidents during the period of mission.
- Sport Accidents insurance: In this insurance the individual can insure himself against the accidents due to a specific sport during its validity.
- Tourism and Travel Accidents insurance: In this insurance the individual can insure against a 24-hour job and non-job accidents during the time of travel.
- Educational Accidents insurance: In this insurance, the insured persons (students and kindergarten children) are insured against 24-hour accidents at the place of education and outside it for a period of one year.
Note 1 – In all of the above-mentioned types of insurance if the insured person performs activities mentioned in general conditions of accident insurance, periodically or regularly in addition to his own ordinary occupational activities, he can insure such risks by paying additional insurance rate.
Note 2 – The above-mentioned insurances can be issued in the form of Group contracts for more than 10 persons.
- Family Accident insurance: In this insurance, the supervisor and all family members are insured against 24-hour accidents with a low insurance premium for a period of one year.
Among the advantages of this insurance is that the job of the insured persons are not considered as the basis of calculation of insurance premium and also insurance coverage for people has no age limit.