case the insured vessel collides with another vessel or object whether
floating or fixed, and the policyholder is liable to compensate the
damage according to the conditions of insurance policy in order to save
the vessel or properties for:
General damage or saving expenses that are incurred through a
collision f a vessel with other vessel in order to save vessel or its
- · Loss of or damage to any other vessel property.
- · Delay to or loss of use of any such other vessel or property.
These clauses are very varied and each clause indicates a special coverage. The following are the most important of them:
1. Clause No. 280 (Time) All Risk.
2. Clause No. 284 (Time) General Damage, Liability for Collision, Public Loss and Saving Charge.
3. Clause No. 289 (Time) General Damage plus Saving Charges.
4. Clause No. 346 All Risk for Hunting Vessels.
5. Clause No. 281 (War Risk).
• Clause No. 280
clause is one of the most complete insurance coverage under which the
insurance companies undertake the maximum obligations and cover all
damages (total and partial). The most important risks covered by this
1. Perils of the Sea
2. Fire and Explosion
4. Contact with land conveyance, dock or harbor equipment or installation
5. Accidents in loading, discharging or shifting cargo or fuel
6. Bursting of boilers, breakage of shafts
7. Negligence of Master’s officers, crew or pilot
¾ Collision Liability this means that in case a vessel collides with
another vessel, and if the first vessel is found guilty, it will be
liable for ¾ of damages sustained by the other vessel in addition to
losses incurred to her
9. General Average
10. Salvage expenses
• Clause No. 284
clause covers total loss damages. If a vessel sinks or is destroyed by one of the perils under coverage, claims should be payable but partial damages are not covered under this clause. The most important damages under coverage of this clause are the same as damages under coverage of
clause No. 280. But the damages sustained by the ship should be under
the title (Total Loss).
• Clause No. 289
clause covers total loss of vessel and partial damages have no
coverage. The most important risks under coverage are like clause 284.
It only excludes the items mentioned in paragraph 8 and 9 of the
• Clause No. 346
clause is one of the most complete available clauses, which covers all
partial and total losses for fishing vessels. The most important risks
under coverage are like clause 280 and the damages related to liability
of vessel in collision are covered completely.
• Clause No. 281
This clause is related to the risks due to war, which could be issued in the form of additional risks.